Shenzhen World Exhibition and Convention Center has altogether witnessed application of 52 world-leading green technologies, dedicated to building a magnificent energy-saving first-class green venue, hopefully the first venue worldwide to be awarded with the three green certificates:
Green Building Label, two star (first of the type domestically)，
US LEED-NC Gold (first worldwide in exhibition and convention building)），
UK BREEAM, three start (first worldwide in exhibition and convention building)
Building the most energy-saving, water-saving, material-saving and low-carbon first-class venue worldwide
Energy-saving: SW marks the exhibition and convention center with the lowest energy-saving index worldwide. Through optimization of the fencing system, HVAC system and lighting and facility system, the project energy consumption per square meter has been kept around 70.98 Kwh/㎡•a, only 46% of buildings of the same time in the US, far lower than that of other major public constructions in Shenzhen Municipality.
Water-saving: SW features the world’s largest rainwater collection system in a single-block building. Through optimization of the water collection, reclaimed municipal water plus water-saving facilities, a total of 422,100 tons of municipal water can be saved, more than 3.1% comes through rainwater substitution, better than the target number set in The Shenzhen Sponge City Plan
Material-saving: SW breaks the record among large public facilities in terms of its assembling rate. With an effort to optimize the fully steel structure, the on-ground utility tunnel and the recyclable materials, construction fees has been reduced by a total of 14.7 million RMB; operating and maintenance cost has been cut back.
Low-carbon: SW embraces the most advanced building full-life-cycle evaluation. Through the recognized full-life cycle evaluation recognized by LEED+BREEAM, a 12kgCO2 e/㎡•a carbon emission index has been achieved, marking an eco-impact factor far below the international standards.
Four major technologies safeguarding venue sustainability
Project-analysis-customized: the proportion of the roof space is high; the greening space is limited; the floor loading requirement is high, the rainwater infiltration is limited; cooling water demand is huge.
Design principle: maximizing green runoff use, satisfying water collection needs, adopting permeable pavement in certain areas on ground, and designing green roofs in applicable areas.
Systematic plans: the Greenland below sea level, rainwater garden, permeable concrete, green roof and water collection pool.
The building structure
Efficient cooling: distributed chillers and big temperature differences in cooling have tremendously reduced water for chillers. First-grade inverter controlled water chillers guarantee flexibility in adjustment and processes cooling based on needs. High-voltage power supply reduces currents for activation and operation, and saves energy and cost.
Peak-trough regulation: The chilled water storage system ensures energy-efficient operation of the main stations, avoids frequent frequency changes and reduces facility wear and tear.
Smart control: Tiered AC in expansive space allows for comfort and energy-saving. Independent control system is design based on functions. The full set of fresh air ventilation system during transitional seasons protects the ecosystem; Sensors provide feedback on concentration of CO2 and allow for precise adjustment of ventilation.
Lighting efficiency: the efficient LED lighting offers 56% more comfort compared to the conventional ones while its lighting power density is more than 60% less compared to the past standards.
Dali lighting regulation: The signal control lines and the controlling equipment are in parallel connection, which allows for smart positioning. Power line and signal line in the same pipes can effectively save piping materials. Single-light control satisfies multiple scenario needs.
Energy saving efficiency: Efficient LED lights save more than 75% of power, which amounts to 2.2 million degrees of saving on annual basis.
Construction and operation：
Complete steel structure: high-tensile steel bars account for 100%, and high-tensile steel material, 98.5%. Altogether, 15% of the materials are recyclable.
Pre-manufactured structure: featuring a mechanism of “BIM order and factory pre-manufacturing”, the pre-made external wall panels are very handy to use and efficiently reduce wet construction on site, saving both work hours and cost.
On-grade utility tunnels: featuring a total saving of 210,000 cubic meters of earth, this technology ensures easy installation and expedient construction. Open fitting and concentrated layouts guarantees convenient future maintenance.
Green construction: solar energy plus LED lighting is both safe and energy-saving. Office area rainwater collection and pit rainfall reuse are both technical highlights. Reinforced concrete inner support can be recycled and reused for landfill and is very environment friendly with its reusable design. The whole site is equipped with automatic dustproof facilities and covered with bare soil
Precise operating strategy: Smart use of the chilled water storage to realize stable operation of the chilling facilities with different chilling loads. For under 25%, there is no need to activate the smart chillers and the cool storage can satisfy all the demand of air-conditioning.
Blue: cooling capacity of chilling units ，Green: cooling capacity of water storage，Orange: cool-storage capacity
Nine highlights in technologies
52 green technologies to trump
1. Overall design
2. Network leakage prevention
3. Building integration of the solar energy system
4. Chilled water storage system
5. Permeable pavement
6. Rainwater garden
7. Rainwater collection and treatment
8. Recycled water reuse
9. Sponge roof
10. Local plants and multiple-layer of greening optimization
11. Wind environment optimization
12. Noise prevention and control
13. Optic pollution prevention and control
14. Waste sorting and collection
1. Outdoor sunshade
2. Furnace structure energy-saving analysis
3. Thermal insulation design
4. Solution dehumidification in designated areas
5. AC-end independent control
6. Cooling with big temperature differences
7. High-tensile steel materials
8. Water-saving equipment
9. Comprehensive energy consumption analysis
10. Structure system optimization
11. Escalators and elevators energy-saving technologies (DC-DC power, gearless traction machines)
1. Air distribution analysis of indoor air conditioning
2. Ventilation from seats
3. Physical environment optimization along central corridor
4. Efficient operation control of air conditioning
5. Sound insulation of walls, doors and windows and indoor structures
6. Sound absorption, noise reduction and auditory masking
7. Acoustic simulation analysis
8. Facility noise reduction
9. Indoor natural ventilation optimization
10. Indoor pollutant control
11. Lighting optimization technology
12. Indoor environment quality monitoring
13. Effective LED lighting
14. DALI lighting control technology
15. Building smart integration
（四）Construction and Operation
1. On-grade Utility Tunnel Technology
2. BIM Technologies
3. Reusable module application
4. Concrete and motar reclamation
5. Solar energy + LED lighting
6. Water reuse from pits
7. Office area raindrops collection
8. Automatic spraying and dust control technologies
9. Classified and itemized measurement technology
10. Energy-consumption and water consumption monitoring platform
11. Open demonstration platform
12. Cloud exhibition